Monday, January 22, 2007

throwing down!

so, i was recently called out with regards to "throwing down." it went something like this: "keep it up, cuz i WILL throw down." antagonist responds: "you've been saying so all night, but it looks like you're all talk. let's go." at which point i realized, what exactly had i meant by "throw down?" fight? wrestle? debate? name calling? battle of witty banter? dance off? make out? (this last possibility may seem out of place, but trust me, it isn't.) it hit me like a freight train. my adrenaline response spiked. i didn't know what i meant, but whatever i did mean, i was gonna DO IT. now you may or may not have experienced the unpleasant sensation of a body full of adrenaline with nowhere to go. let me just tell you, it is disquieting. and for someone like me, being caught of guard - by a boy no less! a hot boy! a smart hot boy!... well, imagine if you will the feeling of being pantsed in the cafeteria. i made some feeble attempts at recovering my dignity, but at this point i was pretty much what a certain sniper would call, "an apology for myself." after a very minor recovery, well people, i ran. it's sad to say, but i retreated. i needed to regroup. prepare for a counter-offensive. to be quite honest, i'm still not sure what i meant. but when i figure it out, let me be clear. i will THROW DOWN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's IF you figure it out.

spoonfulL said...

big words "anonymous". you obviously don't have ME figured out, because that's what i do. i figure things out. whatever.